How can you improve your Volkswagen’s Gas Mileage
In a time when gas prices are skyrocketing this may be one of the most common questions car owners ask. Everyone wants to get the most out of every tank of gas and make their dollars stretch a little further. Luckily, our Colorado Volkswagen service department knows all the tricks to getting the absolute biggest bang for your gas mileage buck!
Take these steps to help improve your Volkswagen’s gas mileage.
- Keep your VW tires properly inflated. One way our VW service department suggests ensuring this is by using Nitrogen in your tires with NITROFILL. Converting to nitrogen in tires can improve your fuel economy by up to 10% and increase your tire life by 30% or more while dramatically increasing the safety of your vehicle.
- According to fueleconomy.gov rapid acceleration, speeding and braking can lower your gas mileage by 33 percent on the highway and 5 percent in town.
- Use the recommended grade of fuel and motor oil for your Volkswagen we use the VW spec. Castrol motor oil
- Keep your engine properly tuned! Make sure to stay up on your Volkswagen oil change, air filter and spark plugs. Just these simple steps can save you up to 165 gallons/ 624 liters of gas per year, according to the EPA!
- Plan your commute! If possible, try to schedule your daily drive for times before or after rush hours to avoid sitting in traffic and consuming more fuel.
- Drive without the air conditioning. Using your vehicle’s air conditioning can reduce your vehicle’s efficiency by up to 12 percent in stop-and-go traffic, according to Environmental Defense.
With gas prices at an all-time high it makes sense to get the most out of each and every tank! Use these tips to stretch your dollar and visit the service department at McDonald VW, your Colorado VW source, for everything you need to keep your Volkswagen performing at its peak!
6000 S. Broadway
Littleton, CO 80121